Why You Should Attend
An introduction to modelling EMF Studies in XGSLab. Impressed voltages and interference from electromagnetic fields is increasingly becoming a hot topic for safety professionals and engineers alike. Recent regulations (2016) place an obligation on designers and asset owners to understand, quantify and mitigate the invisible health risks on power systems.
Attendees will find out:
- When you need to do an EMF study
- What the hazards associated with EMFs are
- What impressed voltage means
- What are the fields involved
- What you can do to identify if a risk exists
- How easy it is to set up and run an EMF study in XGSLab
After watching this webinar you will learn:
- why EMF studies are needed
- The invisible hazards
- How XGSLab makes light work of EMF studies and how incredibly easy the software is to use
- How you can effectively discharge your duties by carrying out an EMF study to identify if a hazard exists or not
Who should attend?
This webinar is right for you if you are…
- Responsible for delivering power system designs
- Responsible for a budget and who organises and leads a design/project team
- Responsible for subcontracting power system design and/or installations
Do you need to be a technical person to attend?
You don’t need to be a specialist. This 20-minute introduction piece covers the basics. However, a reasonable level of underpinning knowledge is assumed.
Our Own In-house Expert
Hugh started his professional career with National Grid UK in transmission and has been working on Earthing Design across Europe on large-scale projects and AC/DC Rail applications in the UK. Also includes international projects in the Middle East and Africa. Experience and fully certified CDEGS – HIFREQ and MALZ.