Introduction to HV Earthing (For Lightning Protection Technicians)
A new course to help you take the first step on a journey from zero to hero.
The Introduction to HV Earthing (for lightning protection technicians)e-learning course is available as a single licence only.
As part of today’s requirements, a competent earthing design is an absolute prerequisite to protect lives from the harmful effects of high-voltage which exist during a fault situation.
Because of, recent developments in international and national standards have proven to be real game-changers in the methodology. And their requirements for compliance. Therefore, the bar, now raised. Demonstrating design competence for Earthing (grounding) to de-risk your business is paramount for a safety-critical specialist component.
Hence, the GreyMatters “Introduction to Earthing” developed to take you on your first step. In other words, on a journey from zero to hero.
This course is a high-level intuitively based view across the topic of earthing (grounding). Together with the design of high-voltage systems, systematically broken down into logical, easily absorbed sessions.
And, this online training for earthing course will achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Greater awareness of Earthing Design concepts.
- Refresh the basics of your understanding of electricity.
- Provide clarity on the purpose of earthing.
- Explain touch and step hazards.
- Understand what fibrillation is and, why it is essential for the earthing designer.
- Awareness of the importance of Geology and why it plays such an essential role in earthing design.
- Receive a full explanation of the Fault theory.
- Illustrate the design “Process” and applicable Standards.
- Demonstrate measurement techniques at work.
- People who seek a higher level of confidence when discussing projects involving earthing.
- Engineers/Project managers from disciplines other than the electrical field.
- Graduate engineers as a precursor to life experience.
- Construction/civil engineers involved in delivering projects with earthing or earthing design risk factors.
- Directors and VP’s of all disciplines who wish to refresh and stay current.
As a first step, this course is the first in a six-part series. Therefore, there is no requirement for previous academic underpinning for this module (at this stage). Also, this module’s content, delivered in plain, easy-to-understand English and each delegate led through the basic earthing concepts without calculation.
Which means, concepts reinforced with practical, real-life examples (videos), and understanding also your understanding regularly tested throughout. So, on completion of the course, each delegate will have the option to take a formal assessment – the results submitted get evaluated. Where needed, further one-to-one advice and mentoring are available to address any weaknesses identified in understanding, and, ensure a reasonable level attained.