Why You Should Attend
There is plenty of controversy and misinformation surrounding some of the non-conventional Lightning Protection concepts which can be hard to cut through and makes an informed choice more difficult, especially, if compliance is important to you.
In this no-holds-barred webinar, we lift the lid off the non-conventional lightning attracting solutions. We also unpick the myths behind the ‘Rolling Sphere’ and provide you with an objective perspective on Lightning Protection for the cost-conscious and for those that have to consider the more hazardous working environments – DSEAR / COMAH sites.
After watching this webinar you will learn:
- Where you stand legally installing an ESE (early streamer emitter)
- What the Rolling sphere really means – demystified
- What the standards suggest is best practice for DSEAR/ATEX/COMAH sites
- Which standards overlap each other
Who should attend?
This webinar is right for you if you are…
- Play a part in or are responsible for a DSEAR / COMAH site
- Someone who buys Lightning Protection Services
- Someone who designs Lightning Protection Systems
- Someone who maintains inspects or signs-off projects
Do you need to be a technical person to attend?
If you are someone that organises, manages, designs, tests, and/or installs lightning protection systems, then this is for you!
Technical Manager at DEHN UK
Sean Passant MIET, is the technical manager at DEHN UK (always capitals by the way our German colleagues shout at us if it’s not) he is responsible for all technical matters in the UK & Republic of Ireland and has worked in the lightning protection, surge protection & earthing industry for over 25 years. He’s a member of the BSI Gel/81 standards committee for BSEN 62305 & BSEN 62561, he’s an IET volunteer & subject matter specialist helping to upskill electricians & graduate engineers, he works with CIBSE as part of their Electrical Safety Group (ESG) and is a visiting instructor at the CITB National Construction College. He also likes cheese.